Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:19:52PM +1100, hce wrote:
> The hda5 is the one I want to install the Debian to it.
> Now I selected Finish Partitioning and write changes to disk, it came
> following an error:
> [!!] Partition disks
> No root file system.
> No Root system is defined.
> Please correct this from the patiioning menu
> What is wrong with it?

You have to tell the installer that you want to use that partition. I
can't tell you exactly how it is done, but you have to select something
like "use as" "root partition".

P.S. I hope you chose manual partitioning, AFAIK guided is not meant for
such stuff.
(Albert Einstein)