Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:19:52PM +1100, hce wrote:

> The hda5 is the one I want to install the Debian to it.
>
> Now I selected Finish Partitioning and write changes to disk, it came
> following an error:
>
> [!!] Partition disks
>
> No root file system.
>
> No Root system is defined.
>
> Please correct this from the patiioning menu
>
> What is wrong with it?

You have to tell the installer that you want to use that partition. I
can't tell you exactly how it is done, but you have to select something
like "use as" "root partition".

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. I hope you chose manual partitioning, AFAIK guided is not meant for
such stuff.
(Albert Einstein)