Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video

On 3/2/08, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:19:52PM +1100, hce wrote:
>
>  > The hda5 is the one I want to install the Debian to it.
>  >
>  > Now I selected Finish Partitioning and write changes to disk, it came
>  > following an error:
>  >
>  > [!!] Partition disks
>  >
>  > No root file system.
>  >
>  > No Root system is defined.
>  >
>  > Please correct this from the patiioning menu
>  >
>  > What is wrong with it?
>

> You have to tell the installer that you want to use that partition. I
>  can't tell you exactly how it is done, but you have to select something
>  like "use as" "root partition".

Well, I expected the "use as" can be selected as a root partition, but
that page only display following menu:
use as:

EXT 3
EXT2
Reiser FS
JFS
XFS
FAT16
FAT32
Swap area
Physical volume for encryption
Physical volume for LVM
Physical volume for RAID
do not use the partition

There is no "root partition", I actuall selected it as ext3, then it
came above error.

Now, if I select mount point to "/", it also came another error.

I actually don't want to do any partition change, the #5 has already
partitioned and formated as ext3. But I could not go over that
partition page. How can I skip partition page and just install the
Debian directly to hda5?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim