Re: Install Debian 4.0 to watch DVD video

On 3/2/08, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:19:52PM +1100, hce wrote:
>  > The hda5 is the one I want to install the Debian to it.
>  >
>  > Now I selected Finish Partitioning and write changes to disk, it came
>  > following an error:
>  >
>  > [!!] Partition disks
>  >
>  > No root file system.
>  >
>  > No Root system is defined.
>  >
>  > Please correct this from the patiioning menu
>  >
>  > What is wrong with it?
> You have to tell the installer that you want to use that partition. I
>  can't tell you exactly how it is done, but you have to select something
>  like "use as" "root partition".

Well, I expected the "use as" can be selected as a root partition, but
that page only display following menu:
use as:

Reiser FS
Swap area
Physical volume for encryption
Physical volume for LVM
Physical volume for RAID
do not use the partition

There is no "root partition", I actuall selected it as ext3, then it
came above error.

Now, if I select mount point to "/", it also came another error.

I actually don't want to do any partition change, the #5 has already
partitioned and formated as ext3. But I could not go over that
partition page. How can I skip partition page and just install the
Debian directly to hda5?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,