more of that sed "editing" (Re: ASCII Formatter Whose Name I've Forgotten)

26-09-2007, Celejar:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:47:09 -0500
> Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu> wrote:
>
>> 	I remember reading about a UNIX utility whose name
>> escapes me. You feed it ASCII text and it breaks lines as near
>> to a desired length as possible without splitting words. Anyone
>> remember the name of this utility?
>>
>> 	Thanks.
>
> fmt -w nnn?

Yesterday, when i was (quickly) reviewing (very long) backlog of this
ML, there was similar question, but person started subject with `sed`.

Eventually the sed solution to the problem was not noticed, and this
silly `fmt` was accepted.

Just in case somebody is interested in sed scripting, i'd like to share
with little one, which i used to format `pdftotext` output. I didn't come
up with good distribution algo for justification, though.

<ftp://flower.upol.cz/upload/sed-craziness>

Main usage was to read defprogramming.pdf by Ulrich Drepper in my hackish
non-X environment. But such docs, with silly 2 columns text, are coming out
very broken. But some formatting for C in sed, is rather useful.

Ah, "silly fmt?", you might say. Yes. It doesn't break line-long
words. I do this like that:
"
barfoobarbarfoobarbarfoobarbarfoobar\
barfoobarbarfoobar"