Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)

Ron Johnson wrote:
> You're saying that only stringent proponents get to define the usage
> parameters of a system.

    No.  But their usage parameters are the only one that change significantly
from what I'm working with now.  It's a matter of "drop the WYSIWYG and do the
work in LaTeX" vs. "Save in a different format."  Saving in a different format
does not fundamentally change the tool.  It would be like saying if Word
were able to save in ODT it would be ok to use Word instead of OOo because of
the file format it saves in.

    One has to change the tool so if one is advocating LaTeX because of the
merits of LaTeX over WYSIWYG one cannot offer up WYSIWYG as a front end for
LaTeX without invalidating the argument that it is superior.