Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)

On 25 Sep 2007, David Brodbeck wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2007, at 8:01 AM, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
>> Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> PDF?
>>
>>     Haven't seen it as an acceptable format for submission, no.
>
> Some on-demand publishers use it.  For example, Lulu.com.

I've just published a book via Lulu. If anyone is interested, I tried
with Open Office but it didn't work well. I then switched to Lyx and
everything was fine. However, do NOT try to export your file as pdf.
Lulu is very demanding about fonts and I was not able to get them
inserted in the correct fashion. The solution is to export your file as
postscipt. Lulu does not advertise the fact but they do accept this
format and it works without problems.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian