Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

ss11223 <ss11223@gmail.com>:
>  On Aug 10, 10:30 am, "s. keeling" <keel...@nucleus.com> wrote:
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.john...@cox.net>:
> > >
> > >  Just remember to tell you editor to "inserts spaces as tab" and set
> > >  the tab width to something reasonable like 4.
> >
> > Ewwww, yuck!  It's code like that which makes me happy for emacs:
> >
> >        C-x h            # mark entire buffer
> >        M-x untabify     # replace tab chars with spaces
>
>  Check out the "expand" command. It's easier to script when you need to
>  do some directories full of files.

Absolutely.  I created a jaw-dropping moment for a manager and about
fifteen developers with that one once.  They thought they were going
to have to spend the next two weeks cleaning up SQL code that had been
maintained for years by various people using various editors, some of
which used tabs and others not.

I fixed it for them with an expand one liner.  Hear me roar, or yodel
like Tarzan.  :-)