Re: How to add dir to path

Hi Andrei,

It works as it should on my system:

amp@think:~$ grep Hello .bash*
.bash_profile:echo "Hello from bash_profile"
.bashrc:echo "Hello from bashrc"
amp@think:~$ bash
Hello from bashrc
amp@think:~$ exit
exit
amp@think :~$ bash --login
Hello from bashrc
Hello from bash_profile
amp@think:~$

It works on my system as well, for every new bash WINDOW I open,
but not for every new bash SESSION I start:

M> grep "Hi" .bash*
.bash_profile:echo "Hi from .bash_profile..."
.bashrc:echo "Hi from .bashrc..."

Every newly opened bash window greets me with:
Hi from .bashrc...
Hi from .bash_profile...

Every tty greets me with:
Hi from .bashrc...
Hi from .bash_profile...

When I enter bash --login I also get:
Hi from .bashrc...
Hi from .bash_profile...
But then again, that's the same as opening a new bash window.

But whenever I open a new session in an already opened bash window,
I only get:
Hi from .bashrc...

So, from that, I conclude that it's default behavior that whenever I open
a new session, only .bashrc is read.

Anyway, thanks for the tip and for your response.

Manon.