Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

Hi Nelson,

On 8/8/07, Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why did you switch from Perl to Python?

I found the code I wrote easier to understand. But as I said before,
I still use Perl for some tasks.

OK. I forgot to mention Perl in my initial question. But if the code is
easier to understand I guess I better try to learn Python first.

But for now, I'm very happy with regina-rexx, to which Michael Marsh
pointed me. I've used it for many years on my old Amiga and still do.
Yesterday I installed it on Linux, and I've already written my first
script :-) But that won't keep me away from learning other languages.

I guess you don't actually switch languages, but learn new ones
and then you end up writing more code with what you're comfortable
with. Or with the best one for a given task.

Good point; I agree. Thanks and greetings, Manon.