Re: bash vs. python scripts - which one is better?

On Aug 9, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Steve Lamb wrote:
Actually, it isn't. At no time have I ever had any problems with Python
code which would not also be an issue in other code as well.  The only
difference being you have to be careful about indention in one case, braces in
the other.

Still, after dealing with all the nightmares of things like 'make' that care about tabs vs. spaces, etc., I'm inclined to shy away from languages where whitespace is critically important. Whitespace is so fragile.