em64t

Hi there,

I'm trying to get the best of my machine based on intel core2 (6550), which is
compliant with em64t debian arch (at least I thought...) but there is only a
amd64 install available, which doesn't want to run on Intel machine...

Therefore, I've started with a x386 architecture debian install, then install a
em64t kernel, which runs fine, despite of the hybrid install.

problems comes to fit my nvidia graphic card (7600 GT ), between a nvidia-glx
driver based on x86 arch, and a nvidia-kernel to match the x64_64 (em64t)
kernel.

when I try to compile the nvidia kernel, error says "ld" link editor cannot
match elf-x86 nvidia-glx with a elf-x86_64 linker. It doesn't want
nvidia-glx-ia32 neither, because it is a i386 debian install.

These days, I use a kernel 2.6.22.1-686 on a debian i386 install, with
nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-686, and it all works fine as far as flight gear
goes.

But if I can get a x86_64 (em64t) kernel with nvidia compiled for x86_64, that
is if it is doable, I'd love to for the sake of it. And I'm sure (I hope that
is) there is a way to get a full em64t system on my machine...

Thanks for helping if you can

Franck, software engineer