Re: OT: Cycling: [was: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?]

Am Dienstag, den 17.07.2007, 21:43 +0300 schrieb Andrei Popescu:
> This was, and AFAIK still is, the rule for walking on a road without a
> sidewalk in Romania. Bicycles have to obey same rules as cars.

Nonsense. Cyclists don't have to obey the law. 8-)
Riding up one-way-lanes the wrong direction is a cyclists every-day-trip
to mekka!

> As for dedicated bicycle lanes, I've been very impressed by the ones in
> Germany and Austria (usually half of the sidewalk).

Well, it depends. If there's enough space and budget and will there
might be usable bicycle lanes. But the average bicycle lane (in germany,
western part) is a holey, hunchbacked, worn-out and neglected strip of
asphalt which looks like it had no maintainance since the romans build
it...

... unless you're living in a city dedicated to encouraging cycling.
e.g. Münster, home of Linus Gerdeman, our man (who has been) in yellow.
8-)

Cheers

Michael