Re: OT: Cycling: [was: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?]

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 09:42:39AM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> I can't say I ever recall it being law, but I remember my grandparents
> teaching me to walk against the flow of traffic, so that you can see the
> driver and the driver can see you, and I grew up with the concept of doing

This was, and AFAIK still is, the rule for walking on a road without a
sidewalk in Romania. Bicycles have to obey same rules as cars.

As for dedicated bicycle lanes, I've been very impressed by the ones in
Germany and Austria (usually half of the sidewalk).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)