Re: [OT] A significant negative impact on Linux's popularity?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 08:09:23AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I disagree:  There's some people that really ought not be trusted with
> bicycles to begin with, like those morons that drive their bicycle against
> traffic or on the sidewalk...

I disagree: riding against the flow or on the sidewalk can be
perfectly safe, provided you're experienced and skilled. But that sort
of defeats the whole purpose of this thread.

I spent several years as a bicycle messenger in Wash DC and can tell
you first hand that the best/safest riders were the aggressive riders
who were willing to ride against the flow, on the yellow line, on the
sidewalk, or through the parking garage tunnel. Many fewer accidents
with those guys than with the calm, almost meek, with the flow
riders. Of course, when the bad boys did wreck, it was pretty
spectacular... ;)