Re: xterm fonts

On 05/23/2007 10:37 PM, Deboo ^ wrote:
On 5/24/07, Mumia W.. <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

P.S.: Can someone paste somewhere the default fluxbox config and provide a link in a reply post here?

You might have to manually delete /etc/X11/fluxbox . Oh well, here is the default config:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/etc-fluxbox.tgz

I tried to use your config but got nothing in the menu except xterm, restart and exit as options. Probably because you have loads of apps, including gnome and kde that I do not.
[...]

That's the behavior I got when I installed blackbox on my other (Etch) partition. To fix it, I installed the 'menu' package which filled out the blackbox menu nicely. However, 'menu' is required by fluxbox, so it must be installed onto your system.

Just to be sure it's done its job, I suggest that you do a "dpkg-reconfigure menu"; if it offers to rebuild the menus, allow it.

What I wanted it was to check the workspaces section, but it was no
different. Atlast I grepped for workspace in the fluxbox directory and
the init file contained many entries. So I edited it.

The problem was this:
There was an init in /etc/X11/fluxbox/ as well as ~/.fluxbox
The init in /etc/X11/fluxbox contained workspace names as one, two, three, four. The init in ~/.fluxbox contained workspace names as Workspace 1, Workspace2 etc
I renamed the init in /etc to have same names as the one in ~/.fluxbox
and got back the 4 workspaces.

Has anyone else with Etch Stable had the same problem?
Or can someone try to purge and reinstall fluxbox to check if this is
replicable?

Regards,
Deboo

I'm going to install, run, purge and reinstall fluxbox on Etch right now.

[...]

Wow, fluxbox is a nice looking window manager--and light as a feather too. I installed, ran, purged and reinstalled fluxbox without any problems; however, I didn't change the configuration of the workspaces like you did.