Re: xterm fonts

On 05/22/2007 06:44 PM, Deboo ^ wrote:
On 5/20/07, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:

>  Trying this, I lost the fluxbox menu totally, I wonder why. Whatever I

I'd wonder why too.  There must be something else going on that you're
missing.

>  did I couldn't get back the fluxbox menu. Not even after purging and
>  reinstalling fluxbox. Now after a power failure, I used find and
>  deleted anything flux* and reinstalled and go the menu back. Otherwise
>  I had installed blackbox.

Create another user acct. on your machine and test changes in there.
Once you verify they work, apply them to your regular acct.

Even though I was able to reinstal flubbox after purging it several
times and afte ra power failure, fluxbox worked with the menus, now
still xterm is without a menu. And I am forced to use another term.
I'm using mrxc\vt because it has tabs and is a lite version too.
[...]

I think the power failure damaged your O/S installation.

If I were you, I'd switch to runlevel one, remount my partition(s) read-only and perform disk checking with fsck.

What distribution are you using? What platform? What filesystem type (e.g. ext2, reiserfs, xfs)?

PS.
I use ext3, and the only times I've lost data is when I've deleted files prematurely :-)

PPS.
FWIW, I just installed fluxbox, and it functions normally (four workspaces, normal menus).