Re: xterm fonts

On 5/19/07, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:

Go read /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm.  Here's some of the stuff in my
.Xresources which over-ride the system defn's:

XTerm*geometry:                    90x43
XTerm*SaveLines:                   2000
XTerm*VT100*background:            black
XTerm*VT100*cursorColor:           green
XTerm*VT100*font:                  fixed
XTerm*VT100*foreground:            wheat
XTerm*VT100*loginShell:            true
XTerm*VT100*visualBell:            true

Trying this, I lost the fluxbox menu totally, I wonder why. Whatever I
did I couldn't get back the fluxbox menu. Not even after purging and
reinstalling fluxbox. Now after a power failure, I used find and
deleted anything flux* and reinstalled and go the menu back. Otherwise
I had installed blackbox.

Now instead of the above method, I'm usign .xsession and an alias to xterm

.xsession contains:
xterm -bg black -fg white -fn 12x24 &
firefox &
exec /usr/bin/fluxbox

and xterm is an alias to xterm -bg black -fg white -fn 12x24
so that any new xterms I can staart thru the first one and they will
be with similar options. The fluxbox menu XShells -> xterm however
remains as it is.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.