Re: xterm fonts

On 5/20/07, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:

>  Trying this, I lost the fluxbox menu totally, I wonder why. Whatever I

I'd wonder why too.  There must be something else going on that you're
missing.

>  did I couldn't get back the fluxbox menu. Not even after purging and
>  reinstalling fluxbox. Now after a power failure, I used find and
>  deleted anything flux* and reinstalled and go the menu back. Otherwise
>  I had installed blackbox.

Create another user acct. on your machine and test changes in there.
Once you verify they work, apply them to your regular acct.

Even though I was able to reinstal flubbox after purging it several
times and afte ra power failure, fluxbox worked with the menus, now
still xterm is without a menu. And I am forced to use another term.
I'm using mrxc\vt because it has tabs and is a lite version too.

Can someone point me somewhere where I can get a default xterm config
atleast I can get back the xterm menus. I lost the xterm menus beacuse
of tryign to get readable fonts which even in mrxvt even though better
now at 12x24, I would like bigger fonts.

I'm able to select bigger fonts using xfontsel but when putting them
in .Xresources or .Xdefaults, and doing and xrdb -load, and then
starting xterm or mrxvt with that font, xterm or mrxvt give an error
about not finding that font and start with the normal small fixed font
only.

Is there some xterm easy tutorial somewhere? I knew sometime ago that
a nice xterm page existed but am not able to find it now.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.