Re: xterm fonts

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 05:14:51AM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:

> I'm able to select bigger fonts using xfontsel but when putting them
> in .Xresources or .Xdefaults, and doing and xrdb -load, and then
> starting xterm or mrxvt with that font, xterm or mrxvt give an error
> about not finding that font and start with the normal small fixed font
> only.
>
> Is there some xterm easy tutorial somewhere? I knew sometime ago that
> a nice xterm page existed but am not able to find it now.

For a while, I tried fiddling with various x-terminal-emulators and
getting a decent font; hampering things is that Etch installes UTF by
default so I'm en_CA.UTF-8 which means that many emulators mess up line
drawing used by, eg. mc and mutt.

Since I had real work to do, I just installed xfce4-terminal since I can
configure everything from menus.  While to install it brings in more
libs than rxvt, when running it only uses a bit more and it has tabs
that don't add to the memory footprint.

Doug.