Re: xterm fonts

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 07:44:51PM EDT, Deboo ^ wrote:
> On 5/20/07, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> >>  Trying this, I lost the fluxbox menu totally, I wonder why. Whatever I
> >
> >I'd wonder why too.  There must be something else going on that you're
> >missing.
> >
> >>  did I couldn't get back the fluxbox menu. Not even after purging and
> >>  reinstalling fluxbox. Now after a power failure, I used find and
> >>  deleted anything flux* and reinstalled and go the menu back. Otherwise
> >>  I had installed blackbox.
> >
> >Create another user acct. on your machine and test changes in there.
> >Once you verify they work, apply them to your regular acct.
>
> Even though I was able to reinstal flubbox after purging it several
> times and afte ra power failure, fluxbox worked with the menus, now
> still xterm is without a menu. And I am forced to use another term.
> I'm using mrxc\vt because it has tabs and is a lite version too.
>
> Can someone point me somewhere where I can get a default xterm config
> atleast I can get back the xterm menus. I lost the xterm menus beacuse
> of tryign to get readable fonts which even in mrxvt even though better
> now at 12x24, I would like bigger fonts.

If you can't get the menu bar .. you could alway do a Ctrl+mouse button
(right, left, middle) to bring up xterm menus.

> I'm able to select bigger fonts using xfontsel but when putting them
> in .Xresources or .Xdefaults, and doing and xrdb -load, and then
> starting xterm or mrxvt with that font, xterm or mrxvt give an error
> about not finding that font and start with the normal small fixed font
> only.

Usually means there's a problem with the syntax of your font
specifications.

> Is there some xterm easy tutorial somewhere? I knew sometime ago that
> a nice xterm page existed but am not able to find it now.

Depends what you call "nice".  I think "man xterm" from a shell prompt
brings up something that's both very nice and totally _accurate_ ..
Beware of imitations.

Thanks,
cga