Re: xterm fonts

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 09:55:47PM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:

> What's better than fluxbox? I'd like to trash fluxbox and get
> something that works OOB and is easily configurable and doesn't give
> much headaches and atleast works   if reinstalled, in case of
> problems.

I just went through this headache on my PII with 64 MB ram and 850 MB
drive.  I tried every single window manager in Etch.  Icewm is light
weight but the config programs are not, OTOH, the config files aren't
that bad.

However, if you have any more ram or disk space, Xfce is very nice and
very easy to configure.  You don't have to install all the bells and
whistles.  Hint: you need the xfce session manaer to get all the pieces
started each time you startx.

You'll want the session manager, the panel, the root menu, the
confiurator, and then just pick and choose.

I already use the xfce-terminal so the Xfce DTE pieces that I use only
bring in slightly more than icewm does.  It causes xorg to use 6 MB more
ram than icewm.

YMMV.

Doug.