Re: Best File System for partitions over 600GB

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 07:39 -0500, Tarek Soliman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:33:19AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:11:06AM -0500, Tarek Soliman wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there any compatibility issues as far as versions of X, the server
> > > being non-linux (or even not the same distro as the workstation), etc?
> > >
> > Nope.  X is a protocol, much the same as FTP or HTTP.  If your client
> > (or server in the case of X) speaks it, the server (or client in the
> > case of X) can speak to you.
>
> What I meant was the situations where the protocol changes in a certain
> version of X.
>
> I guess you answered this already. I was thinking more like MySQL in sid
> cannot accept auth from MySQL in sarge because the new MySQL uses a
> different algorithm in the password handling. (you can of course make it
> accept the old ways but that's another issue entirely)

As long as it adhere to the X protocol, which hasn't changed in eons,
the answer is: No Problems.

Ancient CDE using Motif, (being the version included with OSF/1 v3.01g,
more than 10 years old) I've used complies just fine with current
versions of XORG and actually displays just fine, though ugly widgets
suck.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup