Re: Best File System for partitions over 600GB

> > If you want to install Oracle on Linux (and *lots* of companies do,
> > so don't bleat about not infecting your system with closed-source),
> > you need X.
>
> No, you only need a few libraries. The Display can be a local
> workstation.
>
> I know this, I've done it, as far back as 1998 when the universal
> installer finally became somewhat *un-buggy* enough to be used. Of
> course, this was on AIX, Tru64 and HP-UX mostly, but also Linux on the
> Dev and QA systems. The only REAL problems I ran into ~2001 was when the
> Pentium 4 was not recognized by the Java included on the installation
> CDs. The only X stuff was some runtime libraries needed. Very little
> compared to a full setup.

Is there any compatibility issues as far as versions of X, the server
being non-linux (or even not the same distro as the workstation), etc?

The only time I tried this was to run mythtv-setup on a MythTV backend
(whose config utility (has to be run once at least, and one more every
time you want to change something in the "infrastructure")

Both PCs were the same exact debian sid though.

--
Tarek