Re: Bug in acroread?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
>> Joe Hart wrote:

>>> What happens when you use ghostview to print the same pdf?  Or KPDF if
>>> you use KDE?  Those are _supported_ pdf viewers, while acroread is
>>> proprietary.
>>>
>>> Perhaps you should take this up with Adobe, since they are the only ones
>>> that can fix it.
>>
>> Amazing. OT threads covering abortion, religion, politics etc. ad
>> nauseum persist for weeks with hardly a complaint, and this guy asks a
>> question which is actually more or less on topic, and he gets chastized.
>

> I agree. There is a tendency on the list to chastise topical questions
> with "google for it" while OT threads go on for ever. BTW the list's
> track record in actually answering and solving *topical* questions, in
> my opinion, is 'C'.
>
> Hugo

I've already clarified my position earlier in this thread, but I will do
it again for you.

How is it chastising to ask a user what happens with other tools?  Or to
point them to the proper support channel for the question they are asking?

I never said to use google, nor did I condemn him for using the software
that he choses to use.  From what I know about Debian, and the Linux
world in general, the freedom to choose which programs or distributions
we use is our right, and nobody should be condemning anyone else for
them choosing something other than what they chose.

So many flame wars are started because "This is better better than that"
type of messages.  My intention was not to start a flame war, nor was it
to insult the original poster.

Please read the whole thread before making comments like that.

As for your comment about the list itself, if you don't like the list,
then don't subscribe to it.

Joe

- --