Re: xorg , xfree86?

Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 16:24:04 -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>>
>> > for developers to contribute. Someone can make such a statement without
>> > being an aspiring contributor himself. I see neither a "promise" nor a
>> > "lie" in what he writes.
>>
>> The lie was this: stating that it was not allowed to happen.

> There is no justification for calling someone a liar unless you can
> prove that they intentionally spread false information.

hmm - the alternative is to prove that he's stupid and spreading other
people's false information.  Take your pick.

>> Anytime the topic came up, invariably it was from people who were not
>> going to do the work, but wanted someone else to do it for them.

> The wikipedia page on XFree86 certainly suggests that people willing to

don't use that as a reference - parts of it are true, but only part.

Furthermore, as a reference for this issue, it doesn't address it.

> contribute were denied CVS access. If you think you know better what
> really happened then you should maybe correct this article and cite
> sources to back you up.

shrug: the parts that are untrue can easily be checked on mailing list
archives.  The people who wrote the wikipedia article don't care for
that - the _primary_ source of information for appears to be slashdot.

> The point of my last mail was that nothing in Kevin's messages in this
> thread justifies your borderline rude behavior. He is not responsible
> for whatever grudges you have against other people who may or may not
> have promised to contribute to XFree86.

He's free to followup by actually reporting facts rather than lies.
(Given the nature of this mailing list, I'm assuming someone will
point out that this is not his _responsibility_).

bye

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net