Problem with system clock drift

Hello,

I'm running Debian sarge Rc3 on a new computer. An Intel celeron 3Ghz.
I don't understand why the time (given by date() commande) is completly false.
The drift of the system clock is about 10min after  2 hours !!

I tried to start my computer from a live Cd (ubuntu 6.10) and it seems to work prety fine. I tried to check it with the ntpdate command. Not more than 0.00xxx sec offsets.

I did received some answers from guys but a i'm not convinced about it.
My kernel version is 2.6.8-12-386

I need some help to undersand much better what is the reason.

Tanks

Franck P