Re: xorg , xfree86?

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 16:24:04 -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>
> > for developers to contribute. Someone can make such a statement without
> > being an aspiring contributor himself. I see neither a "promise" nor a
> > "lie" in what he writes.
>
> The lie was this: stating that it was not allowed to happen.

There is no justification for calling someone a liar unless you can
prove that they intentionally spread false information.

> Anytime the topic came up, invariably it was from people who were not
> going to do the work, but wanted someone else to do it for them.

The wikipedia page on XFree86 certainly suggests that people willing to
contribute were denied CVS access. If you think you know better what
really happened then you should maybe correct this article and cite
sources to back you up.

The point of my last mail was that nothing in Kevin's messages in this
thread justifies your borderline rude behavior. He is not responsible
for whatever grudges you have against other people who may or may not
have promised to contribute to XFree86.

--
Regards,
          Florian