Re: Recent spam increase

On 2006-10-28 21:07:35 +0100, David Hart wrote:
> When I'm away from home I ssh into my home box to get mail.  If that
> became a problem (because, perhaps, of firewall rules), I'd probably
> setup ssh to listen on port 80 as a first choice but, imap would
> definitely be an option.

I currently have the possibility to read my mail by ssh (except that
ssh listens on port 443[*] instead of 80), but not every one has this
possibility. Also, using ssh from a machine that belongs to someone
else (in particular if this is a MS windows based machine), e.g. at
a conference, may have security risks. Fortunately, thanks to free
wifi connections, this is less often needed than before.

[*] If both 80 and 443 are used for real HTTP and HTTPS services,
then one can set up a HTTP tunnel.