Problem with T-bird (was Re: Mail Issues (pt 2 ))

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 16:35 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Even sub-folders?
>
>     Not sure, never had a server that did subfolders so never really cared.
> OTOH I did care that I tried prior to Thunderbird seemed capable of storing
> sent mail on the server.  Seemed dumb to me to force local folders for sent
> mail, drafts and other such storage when one might just want to have access to
> them from more than one client.
>
>     So far in my recent tests (I'm a glutton for punishment) only Evolution
> and Thunderbird seem capable of using IMAP in that fashion and Evolution fails
> since it doesn't seem to talk IMAPS.

After reading how much you like T-bird, I installed it and tried
it.  However, it does not let me use sendmail as the outgoing
email method.  That's... unbelievable.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Abstract art? A product of the untalented, sold by the
unprincipled to the utterly bewildered."
Al Capp