Re: Mail Issues (pt 2 )

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 15:18 -0400, Richard wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > fetchmail/postfix/spamassassin/maildrop/courier-IMAP
>
> Ron, Thanks,
> which one of these application would allow me to read and reply to emails?

None.  They are not MUAs (Mail User Agents).

Evolution, T-bird, Mutt, Sylpheed & Outlook, Web Mail are all IMAP-
capable MUAs.  I've read, though, that T-bird doesn't have good
IMAP capabilities, though.

The beauty is that IMAP is client- and platform-independent.  And
if you run IMAPS, then people can access their email from whatever
client they like, from anywhere on the Internet.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The trouble with children is that they are not returnable."
Quentin Crisp