Re: Mac OS X and Debian Linux LAN research.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 07:56:12AM -0500, Chinook wrote:
> Paul E Condon wrote:

> I did have a question for you Paul. Do you find you need Howl
> (mdnsresponder/mdnsd) installed to make sure your Netatalk server is
> discovered/recoginized by your Mac(s)?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee C

I've never heard of Howl. If its on any of my computers I be quite
surprised. I think that netatalk implements protocols that are Apple
specific and have nothing to do with DNS. Netatalk fools the Macs
into believing that they are talking Apple language to another Apple
product.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net