change from ide to scsi drive keep system

I've seen asked before and googling does not help. Here's how I just
switched over a server from ide to a compag dl380 with smart array 3200
scsi card.

Install base system on target machine. Install webmin
On running server, install webmin.
go to system/file-system backup
make a backup to the local machine in /backup
include these directorys
/etc
/var
/usr
/root
/home
/sbin

In "Backup to file or tape device" I put /backup/backup
In "extra command line perimeters" I put --exclude=/etc/fstab
--exclude=/etc/network

When done, fish or scp the file to the target machine to a directory
called /backup
example scp line
scp (source) destination
scp root@machine:\backup\backup /backup/

Now on the target machine open webmin go to system/filesystem backup -
choose restore
In "file or tape device" put /backup/backup
restore file permissions = yes

Then restore and reboot the machine...
******
Now then, folks may tell you, you don't need things like sbin or maybe
/var/spool.  Courier imap complained about sbin and postfix complained
about spool..

There has to be better ways of doing this, but this is what FINALLY
worked for me.

Suggestions are welcome!