Re: [Way off topic] the politics of ubuntu.org

William Ballard wrote:

 On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:17:47AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 09:22 -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote: --snip--
>
>> The difference is this:
>>
>> 1. Muslims who commit terrorist acts do so in *compliance* with
>> the teachings of Mohammed and Islam.

I have read the Koran twice now, and I can't recall any reference to this.

>> 2. Christians who commit terrorist acts are in direct opposition
>> to the Bible and the Word of God.
>
> I've read through the English text of the Quran 3 times, and while
> I've always heard that it's not the same as reading it in the
> original Arabic I would imagine that the difference in translation
> would not be great enough to leave out the bit about killing
> innocents.

 I read the Koran after 9/11 and found some bits very hostile to
 Christianity and Jews. The basic plot is: God used to like Jews, now
 he doesn't because they messed up.

In places, the Koran is quite disapproving of the Jews.

 God used to like Christians, now he doesn't because they messed up.

I have never read this, either.
The Koranic reference to both Jews and Christians is one of tolerance, referring to them as 'of the book'. Anyone who is not either Moslem, Jew or Christian (i.e., not 'of the book'.), is supposedly damned.

 We're going to fix what they messed up.

Have you got a reference to the Koranic verse that even implies this?
Regards,

David.