Re: Alternate OSes based on Debian

Mr. Ballard is dead-on target, and is to be commended for his courage:

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:38:12 -0500, William Ballard
<nospam_40811@alltel.net> wrote:

> I was a bit put off when I went to www.ubuntu.org and found a bunch of
> pro-Palestinian and anti-American propaganda, but I gathered that both
> UbuntuLinux and these other people are borrowing a phrase originally
> from Africa.  I hope to god the two projects are completely disjoint.

The money trail might prove interesting. Clearly, the founders of the
ubuntu linux project could not have been unaware of the dubious
political connotations of the term. Who pays for all those free cd's?

> I expect the correlation is significant, however, and I expect several
> toasty responses to this missive.

It's difficult not to see a correlation, given the terribly
over-wrought left-wing social philosophy that the ubuntu linux folks
have chosen to drape over their OS release.

And, as this thread has already demonstrated, there's that sticky
awful political correctness that creeps into any extreme left-wing
enterprise: someone has already suggested that only a racist could
have problems with an African term...what a sad pathetic joke.

Be afraid you linux kiddies; be very afraid.

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely