Re: [Way off topic] the politics of ubuntu.org

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:17:47AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 09:22 -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> --snip--
> > The difference is this:
> >
> > 1.  Muslims who commit terrorist acts do so in *compliance* with the
> > teachings of Mohammed and Islam.
> > 2.  Christians who commit terrorist acts are in direct opposition to
> > the Bible and the Word of God.
>
> I've read through the English text of the Quran 3 times, and while I've
> always heard that it's not the same as reading it in the original Arabic
> I would imagine that the difference in translation would not be great
> enough to leave out the bit about killing innocents.

I read the Koran after 9/11 and found some bits very hostile to
Christianity and Jews.  The basic plot is: God used to like Jews,
now he doesn't because they messed up.  God used to like Christians,
now he doesn't because they messed up.  We're going to fix what they
messed up.