Re: [Way off topic] the politics of ubuntu.org

Sam Watkins wrote:
In what way does "ubuntu.org" have a terrorist agenda?
Or does pacifist equate to terrorist in your dictionary?

When a pacifist defends those who behead innocents on video tape is there a difference?

"Terrorist" has become such a bull-shit word.

No. Terrorist isn't used enough. In fact "Islamic Terrorist" isn't used enough. People who behead other people with a machete so those being beheaded know what's happening the entire time aren't "insurgents", they're terrorists. People who shoot unarmed, fleeing *children* are not "militants", they're terrorists.

The worst "terrorist" is America, with your depleted uranium
"dirty-bombs" which you throw around at every opportunity,

Cite? Outside of Hiroshima and Nagasaki I don't recall a detonation of any atomic or nuclear device on any civilian population. In fact I don't even recall any *threat* of it aside from the Cold War with the USSR. One would do well to recall that it never went past a threat of it and America was not the only party there.

> with your arms-companies selling land-mines to anyone who wants one,

    Never heard of that one.  Even so chances are it is a decade or two old, no?

> with your "oil before people" capitalist mentality,

Always love this one. People can never back it up. Besides given the alternatives to capitalism shown around the world I'll take capitalism any day of the week. You spew that work like it is dirty. Last I checked capitalism is the only system of commerce in which both parties enter into it freely and both can back out of it just as freely. Last time I checked as a way of life it, thus far, has resulted in the lowest number of deaths trying to enforce it's ideals exactly because it is cooperative and not zero-sum. Remind me again the death toll of Stalin and Pol Pot?

with your "shock and awe" tactics and your moronic amoral president,

    Love to see you even try to defend these.

> with your consumerism and obesity in a world where people are starving,

Yeah, and? It's called responsibility. We happen to have figured out the intricate workings of the condom. Rampant breeding and the expectation of everyone else to take care of the resulting population has far more to do with starvation than anything else. Look at the nations that aren't starving and you see a common trend; low births per couple. In some nations it is so low that the population will shrink. Less mouths to feed, more food per mouth. Simple math.

with your "our lifestyle is more important than your life" mentality.

No. Our *life* is more important to us than your life is to us. Just as your life is more important to you than our life is. If it weren't then you wouldn't have the gimme, gimme, gimme attitude that everyone else should forgo their life just to pick up yours.

> Take a good look at your own country's agenda.

I do, all the time. I compare it to the two-faced liars elsewhere and am glad that, while we are far from perfect, we're far better than the majority of the world. I mean let's face facts. America, deposed Saddam, handed over the nation to the provisional government early and has the balls to stick it out to ensure free elections. It did so with broad coalition of nations (Italy, Brittain just to name two of twenty plus) and under the mandate of the UN (13+ resolutions calling for military force in Iraq in the past two decades which is why no UN resolutions against this action has been made). What's the alternative? Well, let's look at the 4 major opponents of the Iraqi action.

Kofi Annan/UN - Implicated in the food-for-oil scam that siphoned millions if not billions into Saddam's hands.
    France - Implicated in the same scam.
    Germany - Implicated in the same scam.
Russia - IIRC, Implicated in the same scam and/or sold arms to Saddam for which he owed millions/billions on. They had a finacial interest in Iraq either way.

What was that again about America's "oil before people capitalist mentality"? Seems like the nations crowing the loudest about that are listed above.

    Hating America has become fashionable in the world, the facts be damned.