Re: Alternate OSes based on Debian

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 06:12:18PM +1100, Sam Watkins wrote:
> > > The folks there should change the name: I would never use a thing named
> > > _ubuntu_. Btw, Hurd is a name as horrible as ubuntu.
> >
> > Yeah, I've gotta admit, I'm a bit turned off by the name, "Ubuntu."
>
> I think Ubuntu is a great name.  Meaningful!
>
> Perhaps the poster would be turned off by any non-english or
> non-european name.

I was a bit put off when I went to www.ubuntu.org and found a bunch of
pro-Palestinian and anti-American propaganda, but I gathered that both
UbuntuLinux and these other people are borrowing a phrase originally
from Africa.  I hope to god the two projects are completely disjoint.

I expect the correlation is significant, however, and I expect several
toasty responses to this missive.