PVR recomendations?

Ok, the time has come for me to build a digital PVR. Based on Debian
and using Libre software, of course.

I prefer AMD and "open" drivers (sorry, nVidia), can someone suggest a
good quality main board and video card combination? I've been out of
the loop for building PC's for too long, I don't even know what
brands are worth buying.

I'd also like at least two-channel record, because of overlaps and
such.

Oh, and the audio card should have LINE output.

Is there a video card which can output to present-day  TV as well as
future HDTV? Or am I going to have to find a HDTV which can take VGA
output?

I'd be pleased to do an off-line discussion and then post the results
to the list.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001