Re: Linux gamers with Matrox cards, speak up please!

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:30:38 -0700, Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
> <#secure method=pgp mode=sign>
>
> Alex Nordstrom <alexander.nordstromDONT_CC_ME@tpg.com.au> writes:
>
> > Please don't modify your reply-to header to exclude the list. I'm
> > interpreting the header as a wish to be CCed, which I respect; I expect
> > my signature to be treated with the same courtesy.
>
> Use reply-to-list instead of reply and it'll do what you want it to
> (in gnus at least).
>
> > Now, I'm not sure how well Matrox meets the requirements of the OP in
> > terms of price and 3D game performance. They seem, however, not to be
> > quite as intent on being altogether evil as ATI and Nvidia, and they
> > should be great fun if you like triple-head setups, but I do believe
> > you pay for it as well. This is not based on first-hand experience, but
> > I am seriously considering them for whenever I decide to put together
> > some new hardware. (Not much of a gamer here, though.)
>
> So can we hear from Matrox users about their experiences?
> Particularly, from Linux gamers?

Well, I'm using a very old Matrox Millenium II PCI card, and as far as
3D is concerned - it's a no go. Not so sure with the newer ones
although I haven't seen Matrox cards claiming that they have OpenGL
support on their cards' boxes.

Price-wise - expensive, but the cards output good quality video for
multiple screens.