Re: Mozilla Thunderbird wierd .....

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:30:19 +0200, Alexander Sack wrote:

> Quite unlikely ... Firefox and thunderbird don't share a codebase,

It looks identical with both.

> so maybe you have done too times the same thing

Please, don't jump into assumptions !
Just simply apt-get update / upgrade

> (e.g. installing a bad extension as root)?
I think I only had two extensions and both are gone

Never

> Tell me: what version are you running?

ii  mozilla-firefo 0.9.1-4        lightweight web browser
based on Mozilla
ii  mozilla-thunde 0.7.1-1

> If moving your whole profile directory (e.g. mv .mozilla-thunderbird
> .mozilla-thunderbird.sav) does not
> help,

It does help; yes. After a restart the offending thingy is gone.
So I moved it back, restarted again, and it is back.
But I have all my mails in there and can't possible start from scratch.

> If this does not help either tell me what you have done :)

See above !

$ ls /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird
chrome      greprefs           libgtkxtbin.so  libnss3.so     libprldap50.so  libxlibrgb.so       mozilla-thunderbird-bin             res
components  icons              libldap50.so    libnssckbi.so  libsmime3.so    libxpcom.so         mozilla-thunderbird-xremote-client  run-mozilla.sh
defaults    libgkgfx.so        libmozjs.so     libplc4.so     libsoftokn3.so  libxpcom_compat.so  regchrome                           startup-hooks.d
extensions  libgtkembedmoz.so  libnspr4.so     libplds4.so    libssl3.so      libxpistub.so       regxpcom
$ ls /usr/share/mozilla-thunderbird
chrome  icons  parts  res
$

> apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird!

# apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
mozilla-thunderbird is already the newest version.