Re: Mozilla Thunderbird wierd .....

I did. Please, always think of the not-newbie (I am not); who still is not quite up at your level.

"please suggest to rename your profiles chrome directory"

is - sorry - incomprehensible to me. What to do ? Just delete ?? What ??

sorry for the laziness in typing. Your profile directory can be found in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/default/zxczxczxc.slt/

There you can find a compreg.dat which can be removed.

The mentioned chrome directory is

~/.mozilla-thunderbird/default/zxczxczxc.slt/chrome

do something like this to rename it:

mv ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/default/zxczxczxc.slt/chrome ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/default/zxczxczxc.slt/chrome.old

After that a restart should solve your problems!

--
GPG messages preferred. |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
Alexander Sack          | : :' :      The  universal