Re: Mozilla Thunderbird wierd .....

Thanks, that's much clearer. But it doesn't solve it.
It is exactly the same as in Firefox.

Quite unlikely ... Firefox and thunderbird don't share a codebase, so maybe you have done too times the same thing (e.g. installing a bad extension as root)? Tell me: what version are you running?

If moving your whole profile directory (e.g. mv .mozilla-thunderbird .mozilla-thunderbird.sav) does not
help, look if there exists a .thunderbird directory and move it too.

If this does not help either tell me what you have done :)

Another last attempt:

Try to remove and install mozilla-thunderbird in two steps:

apt-get remove mozilla-thunderbird

ls /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird   -> what does this yield?
ls /usr/share/mozilla-thunderbird -> what does this yield?

apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird!

BTW, maybe do the install with the unofficial apt line mentioned on my site!

--
GPG messages preferred. |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
Alexander Sack          | : :' :      The  universal