Re: postscript-enabled mozilla package anyone?

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:30:48AM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
} On (06/07/04 17:26), Brad Sims wrote:
} > On Tuesday 06 July 2004 1:07 pm, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
} > > Since I am not willing to configure my printers a third time with that
} > > crappy Xprint stuff (why the heck do we have CUPS including easy setup,
} > > PPD support, KDE/GNOME integration, etc etc etc etc), does anyone
} > > provide postscript-enabled xprint-disabled mozilla packages?
}
} Well in ppc xprint is broken (it crashes both Mozilla and Firefox) - I
} ended up removing both packages and installing Firefox 0.8-8 which
} prints postscript through cups and just works ;)

If xprint is broken, that's bad. However...

[...]
} configuring xprint seems to be a major project/hack.
[...]

...I installed xprt-xprintorg with no difficulty. I then attempted to
print and, with absolutely no configuration on my part, it happily found
my CUPS printers. Furthermore, it still has a file output option which
produces Postscript. I think people are overreacting a bit here.

} > As it now stands your choices are A) not print or B) downgrade to
} > a version that predates the brain damage.
[...]

This is just FUD.

} Regards
} Clive