Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:52:37 -0400
Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:

> Jacob S.(stormspotter@6texans.net) is reported to have said:
> > On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:29:39 -0400
> > Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org> wrote:

> > > Upstream still supports directs printing, at least as of Sunday.
> > > It may be that you can't enable both direct printing and xprint at
> > > the same time, and so the debian maintainer had to make a choice
> > > as to which is more useful.
> >
> > No, wouldn't be that, either. I'm running Testing, current as of
> > today, and Firefox 0.8 is showing me options of "Postscript/default"
> > as well as a couple of xprint variations. (Firefox was not installed
> > via apt-get.)
> >

> I am also running firefox 0.8 but it was installed with apt-get.  I am
> stuck with Xprint with no postscript/default.  :-(

I would recommend either downgrading via .debs from snapshot.debian.org,
as mentioned in a similar thread on this list, or download the latest
Firefox tarball from Mozilla.org and use the equivs package to let
Debian know what version you have installed.

Hopefully we'll get Postscript support back in Debian's Mozilla/Firefox
soon.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #56:
Windows hasn't increased computer literacy. It's just lowered the
standard.