Re: sarge?

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 08:38:28PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

> but why would you do that?  Sarge has been a perfectly good system for two
> years (iirc - it's too long ago for me to really remember when I upgraded) -
> and keeping pretty current, too.  So people who want extremely stable
> servers are still using Woody, but most end-users who have a clue have
> Sarge.  It would be nice to see it go stable, but I can't see that I'm
> getting very far behind the bleeding edge with Sarge (eg, KDE 3.2.2 came
> into sarge last week - just a couple of months after it was released)

*I* use Sarge.

But as Monique said, it's going to get *less* stable as the release
date approaches.  And it is IMPOSSIBLE to use Woody on a new server
now, because it doesn't support current hardware.

If you suggest using Sarge on a server, I point out that it doesn't
get rapid security updates.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading