Re: sarge?

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 11:27:23AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 05:54:38AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > I have been following the discussion from bits here, from
> > planet.debian.net and misc sources. I appreciate the effort that goes
> > into making Debian but I wish that it could be a bit pragmatic and
> > just temporarity suspend the issues relating to the most recent update
> > to the social contract and release the debian-installer and sarge and
> > let the world see the great stuff that has been brewing in the debian
> > laboratories.
>
>   http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_004

I'm worried about the many alternative choices in this vote. Suppose 4:1
voters agree that the new social contract should be delayed so that
sarge can be released, but some think that it should be september, 1st,
some that sarge could take longer so do it after the release, some want
sarge released with a special notice saying the social contract changes
are ignored for this release etc. and none of the choices will get a 3:1
majority. That way sarge will not be released before 2005 whereas 4:1
people wanted it to.
Am I seeing things wrongly? I certainly hope so.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!