Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:59:11 +0530
Ritesh Raj Sarraf <riteshsarraf@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, this list is supposed to be a technical list
> discussing issues specific to the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution.

>From http://lists.debian.org/users.html :

} debian-user: Help and discussion among users of Debian

Do gender issues among posters to technical lists apply?  IMHO, since they
affect the comfort level of people posting here, they apply just fine.
They apply more than e.g. posts about the SCO suits, or MS being fined
by the EU, or a zillion other topics that get discussed here.

But that's my opinion.  And your opinion is that this thread doesn't
belong here.  And you believe that strongly And that's fine.  You were
doing just fine until you wrote. . .

> Initiating such offtopic useless discussions on a
> technical list is one of the difference between men and women. Might be.

Of course, it's wonderfully ironic you ended your email this way, since
it's an example of exactly the kind of immaturity that brought this issue
to the attention of people here in the first place.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)