Re: jabber server howto

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 03:48:09PM -0700, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 04:24:40PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:28:44AM -0700, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
>
> This doesn't look like Jabber denying the connection but something else.

I think what happened is that it is asking for connection at the gandi
ip, but there there is no service, and it is refused, instead of being
redirected.

If I can figure out what files are created or modified when a new
account is registered, I probably could open a new account by hand, by
just copying the settings into a replica. But there might be some
other internal checking or binary modification that could escape my
attention. Any advices in this field?
What I have done so far is allow inband registration, register
account, change jabber.xml to disallow, restart services. For this I
have been using psi, which is gui. I could probably try to see the
sources, but my knowledge of programming may not be enough to handle
it right.