Re: jabber server howto

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:22:48PM -0500, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good jabber server installation how to in debian?
> I am trying to save some time.

There's always the Admin Guide:
   http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/1.4/doc/adminguide

The Debian Jabber packages aren't very altered.  The configuration is
still the same as the upstream, we've just bundled an init script and a
small config file that allows easily specifying a host name and spool
location.

Each of the transports/services include instructions on how to add them
to the configuration in their README.Debian files.  I hope to have this
automated eventually (pointers, suggestions, and patches welcome).

Is there something in particular that you are wanting to do?

--
Jamin W. Collins

To be nobody but yourself when the whole world is trying it's best night
and day to make you everybody else is to fight the hardest battle any
human being will fight. -- E.E. Cummings