Re: nslookup & bind problem on internal network

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:10:18PM +0000, Mark C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just set up bind for my internal network, and running:
>
> 'nslookup funkypenguin.net' returns:
>
> Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
> Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
> the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
> Server:         192.168.3.2
> Address:        192.168.3.2#53
>
> *** Can't find funkypenguin.net: No answer

As a guess-- did you define your internal network to be funkypenguin.net
and authoritative for the domain?  Thus there is no DNS path out of your
LAN to the real authority for funkypenguin.net?

Give us more info on how you have your domain setup.

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.