Re: Can't connect with my new ADSL

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 12:56:13PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> Believe it or not, I've actually made some progress. Won't bore everyone
> with the details, but it included using a different cable and 10.0.0.1
> to set it up followed by 10.0.0,2 to connect.

10.0.0.1 is the router?  10.0.0.2 the eth0 interface?

> However, it doesn't like any graphics browsers I've tried but I can
> access it with text browsers like lynx and w3m. The problem now is that
> I don't see where you are supposed to insert the username and password
> supplied by the ISP. You can change the passwords for both admin and user
> but these are presumably for accessing the web pages - or is that the
> same thing?

So - you have managed to contact the router.  Good.

The web interfaces for routers differ but in general you have to give a
password to alter any essential parameters which relate to connection.
The default password should be in the documentation.  It is generally
something simple like 'adsl' or 'Mentor'.  I suspect you'll be unable to
progress further without it.

Brian.